Construction Certification and Business Opportunity Match-making
Construction Certification and Business Opportunity Matchmaking with WGL, WSSC, WMATA, and CRMSDC
Learn how to get certified by attending the workshop conducted by the Capital Region Minority Supplier Diversity Council (CRMSDC); get matched with opportunities from Washington Gas Light (WGL), Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) and Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA); and network with your peers and friends at AACC. This 1/2 day event will provide valuable educational and business opportunities from 10 am - 2 pm on Thursday, June 13th.
- 10 am - 10:30 am - Networking and Registration
- 10:30 am - 11:15 am - Welcoming Remarks and Overviews from CRMSDC (Certification, Bonding, Cost Accounting), WGL, WSSC, WMATA
- 11:15 am - 11:30 am - Break
- 11:30 am - 1 pm - WMATA, WGL, WSSC Workshop and Matchmaking for Certified Businesses; CRMSDC certification workshop for non-certified businesses
- 1 pm - 2 pm Food and Networking
- The WGL family of companies is a leading source for clean, efficient and diverse energy solutions. Washington Gas has been named one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity by Black Enterprise Magazine for the past six years.
- WSSC is committed to a goal of providing Minority, Women and Small, Local Business Enterprises the opportunity to compete for our business, whether directly with WSSC or by subcontracting through primary suppliers.
- WMATA administers three small business certification programs that encourage participation in our agency's contracting opportunities: Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Program, and Small Business Local Preference Program (SBLPP).
- CRMSDC assists their corporate members in improving the diversification and innovation of their supply chains by connecting them to well developed, certified minority business enterprises.
- Stephanie Shei - Vice President, Business & Professional Banking, M&T Bank
- Ken Fang - President, Mobomo, LLC / Chairman, Altum, Inc
- Zongwei Tao - President, Weris, Inc.
- Cindy Shao - Founder and President, AACC
- Stanley Fujii - Fujii Group, Retired Acting Deputy Associate Administrator for the SBA’s Office of Business Development
- Sujatha Gollamudi - President, Radiantere Technologies
- Priya Kumar - Founder and CEO, Sustainable
- Kam Lo - Manager, Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, P.A
- Jimmy Zhou - Manager, Aronson, LLC